NWNannies has been meeting the temporary childcare needs of the Portland metro area for 31 years. Our thousands of satisfied families are a great source of pride to us. NWNannies is a referral service for families needing temporary childcare. A Temp Nanny may work as few as four hours, or as much as full time for three months. Temp Nannies are the employees of the family they work for. A NWNannies Temp Nanny is:
- Loving and compassionate and “there” for your family
- Expected to provide enriching experiences for children
- Proven to have positive experiences with young children, verified by checked references
- An individual of high integrity, verified by checked references
- Trained in CPR and First Aid and always prepared for the unexpected
How do I become a Temp Nanny? If you meet our qualifications, please either fill out our online Temporary Nanny Application or the PDF version. If you fill out the physical version, email or fax it to us at 503-245-7617. We look forward to meeting you!
How much will I make as a Temp Nanny?
- Hourly: $13 per hour (minimum), with a four-hour minimum, for one to three children. Additional 75 cents per hour for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings. Hourly rate is higher for childcare provided at a hotel or special event, such as a wedding, and for more experienced nannies.
- Monthly: $14 to $18 per hour for monthly commitments.
- Overnight: $150 per 24 hour period for up to three children. Additional $10 for each sibling after the third or for non-siblings.
- Sick child: $15 per hour
- Hotel rate: $15 per hour
- Mileage reimbursement: Families pay nannies the federal mileage rate (53.5 cents per mile in 2017) to reimburse them for transporting children.
Prospective nannies must:
- Have appropriate experience working with children, for example as a day care provider, Nanny or baby sitter
- Be certified in First Aid and CPR
- Have a good driving record
- Have no criminal record
- Be in good health
- Have a car in good working condition
- Provide five non-family references, of which three must be childcare related
NWNannies Agency Fees
Hourly: $3 per hour with a minimum of 4 hours.
Monthly: $250 per month
Overnight: $40 per 24 hour period
After Hour Surcharge: $5 for requests made outside business hours (M-F 8am-5pm)
Our Nannies Say…
“. . . I am so glad and appreciative that you were here for me every step of the way, at this time in my life.”Nanny Debby
“Tena, You have been so helpful and supportive. Thank you for always making time for me when I’ve had worries and woes. I know how busy you are and your thoughtfulness is truly appreciated.”Nanny Jennifer
“The screening and sorting and matching you do is superlative. And the support afterwards is icing on the cake. ”Nanny Ivy